The There Blog

Because Gertrude Stein said "there is no there there."

Tuesday, October 23, 2007

But mostly ups

So Hazmat didn't win last night for Zombie Noir (the prize went to some game about frogs...), but blah blah blah honor to be nominated. Adam did, however, get a job offer doing web stuff for a software company in San Francisco, and he accepted the offer today. Which means things are going pretty well for him and, by extension, me. I'm always much happier when he's happy. Not having to move for the job is also a plus. And him having a regular salary for the first time in nearly two years will also be a plus (I'm hoping for regular dinners at Gary Danko, but I think I'll be happy with Indian takeout from the Irish bar down the street). He'll be a joyful consumer for a couple months, and I'll be a beneficiary of his largesse (if he buys himself a new television, I get to watch it, and if he buys a Wii, I get to play it), but I'm not sure it will have too drastic an effect on our lifestyle. Of course, now he can buy a big plot of land somewhere and build a weekend cottage. But we'll stay in the same apartment and drive the same cars. Though maybe, once he has some vacation time, we'll be able to travel somewhere interesting (that isn't Maine).