The There Blog

Because Gertrude Stein said "there is no there there."

Monday, October 22, 2007

Answer: Two Months

OK, so it's been ages since I've posted (so long that I couldn't even remember how long it's been). In the interest of covering much ground quickly, I shall post in list format.
1) Current mood: Cautiously optimistic (Hazmat Games is up for an award from Motorola tonight).
2) Odds that I'll spill coffee on my outfit: High. I've gone monochromatic with pants and sweater in taupe.
3) Last poetry reading I attended: Ron Silliman at Mills two weeks ago.
4) Number of poetry readings I meant to go to but never got around to attending since then: Two (Meg Hamill at Prosody Castle; New Yipes last night).
5) Strangest shopping experience in the last month: Designer jeans at a Mexican restaurant in Spokane. The name of the restaurant appeared to be "Mexican Restaurant," and it was in a seedy strip-center part of North Spokane. In the back room, there were tables of knockoff handbags and homemade jewelry, and then racks of half-priced designer jeans hanging in a row in the back. If you needed to try on a pair of jeans (and who would buy them without trying a pair on?), you could carry them into the back storage room of the restaurant and try not to step in something sticky. I did not find any jeans that I liked or that fit, but under the circumstances, I'm surprised any were sold at all.
6) Favorite thing about the trip to Spokane: Getting to spend a weekend with the girls, especially the ones I hadn't seen in a long time. It was almost like freshman year of college, but without the drama, stress or Empire Records.