The There Blog

Because Gertrude Stein said "there is no there there."

Wednesday, October 19, 2005

digital poetry

So I've started working on a poetry project in PowerPoint. It's very simple, just black screen, white words, but I think it's working. I'm definitely exploring the space between "The Tyranny of PowerPoint" and "I Love PowerPoint." Also, it's an interesting way to revisit the "Watershed" project and try to make some sense of it. I haven't been working on it since I gave a copy to Juliana and talked with her about it. I don't know, I feel like it needs to be pushed in some way.
Yesterday, in workshop, we discussed my latest two poems, which are the first pieces I'd brought in that were not part of "Watershed." They're quite obviously different, using just simple language and found text to explore power dynamics in relationships. I had to explain that "Watershed" is 'on hiatus.'