The There Blog

Because Gertrude Stein said "there is no there there."

Friday, August 26, 2005

summer is over

Today's my birthday, and I've spent the past hour and a half primping for dinner tonight--drinks and tapas in the Mission. And, yes, the irrational emotions of yesterday have given way. I've spent a very lazy day, and I'm conscious of the fact that I really should have tried to get something done today. Some writing would be nice.

But it's my birthday, and I can lounge around watching Buffy if I want to.

Summer is over, though, and I didn't read nearly enough, didn't write nearly enough, haven't made nearly enough progress on the Watershed project. School started this week, and although my first class doesn't start until next Tuesday, I've been spending lots of time at Mills. The new position in the Grad Studies office started this week, and I think it's going to go really well. I'm working with nice people, the work doesn't seem too taxing, and I was able to have a picnic lunch with Scottie. Doesn't get much better than that.