The There Blog

Because Gertrude Stein said "there is no there there."

Monday, July 18, 2005

new project

I've started work on another freelance writing project, which I should finish up by mid-August. The good news is that I will be able to make more money this summer. The timing is perfect, and I should finish up just before I go to work at the Grad Studies office. The bad news is that I will continue to have my head full of real estate, and I'll have trouble doing anything creative. I find I just can't switch back and forth between two headspaces.

I'd hoped to do some writing between projects, but I've been so sick the past week or so, I haven't been able to do much more than nap, drink juice, and watch the original Star Wars trilogy. And my reading program has completely fallen apart. I re-read Jane Eyre and Wide Sargasso Sea in quick succession, which were interesting in juxtaposition, but I have no idea how that fits into my thesis plans.