The There Blog

Because Gertrude Stein said "there is no there there."

Wednesday, July 13, 2005

travel, and other stuff

It's been such a long time since I've posted. I went to New York City last week, and it was amazing. Manhattan is so much bigger than I expected, and all the buildings so tall, and the streets crowded with taxis. I think the highlight of the trip, for me, was spending a day at the Met. looking at so much art, sculptures and paintings and suits of armor and decorative side-chairs and a whole Egyptian temple complex, and the Chanel exhibit, and so much too see and not enough time.

So much to see and not enough time should be the motto for the whole trip. Which is why now I am home with a bad summer cold and only now feeling up to turning on my computer and trying to write something.