The There Blog

Because Gertrude Stein said "there is no there there."

Wednesday, July 20, 2005

feeling better

I was feeling well enough today, that I was able to walk down to Piedmont Ave. to get some work done at my "outside office." I'm at Rooz, and I've been able to get more done than I expected. I feel like this new project is really making some progress.

One nice thing about working here, is that I'm known to hang out here. I just had a nice chat with Monte, who was in the area picking up his mail and having a late lunch. We talked about how difficult it is being a writer, because the writerly temperament is completely unsuited to the "hustle" required to sell work. I've just sent out a mass of emails trying to get people to be interviewed for the new project, and it always leaves me a little nervous. From reading Joan Didion, I'm glad to know that I'm not the only writer who needs to work up her courage before making a phone call.