The There Blog

Because Gertrude Stein said "there is no there there."

Sunday, May 15, 2005

a weekend of ups and downs

So, bad news first: my car was broken into Friday a.m. Thieves took my stereo (broken), gym bag, and earthquake survival bag. Crappy. The good news: I have an interview on Monday with Grad Studies. I hope it goes well; Scottie said she'd put in a good word for me with the grad admissions people.

-----

So the semester is over, graduation is done. I went to Hoa's graduation party last night at Rooz. She had a band (Ben Storm) playing some acoustic rock, snacks, and an interesting mix of friends and family. After the party broke up, we went to a bar downtown (Van Kleef), where they had a band playing Arabic music and a belly dancer. The dancer was OK, nothing great, dancing Cabaret style (very sexy, less "tribal"). She was talented, but there was something missing from her performance.