The There Blog

Because Gertrude Stein said "there is no there there."

Thursday, May 12, 2005

TA?

So the grad studies teaching assistantship is more than a rumor but less than a fact (at least at this point). I got an email letting me know I'm being considered for the assistantship (along with other applicants from other programs). Lately I've been feeling like the only 2nd year who didn't get at least a partial assistantship for next year, which made me feel all shades of blue. (Especially when I compare my competence and abilities to those who did get chosen. But that way madness lies...) Anyway, here's the important part of the email:


Basically, he has a full TAship available for next year that would require 15 hours of work a week and I suggested your name as a possibility.
The work would be administrative support for the grad studies staff and while I don't know everything it entails I imagine there'd be some filing, data entry, etc. You'd be handling student applications and files, so discretion is also really important.


I figure my chances of getting it are supersmall, but it doesn't hurt to try.