The There Blog

Because Gertrude Stein said "there is no there there."

Friday, May 06, 2005

beer and computers

Adam got a raise and was feeling like celebrating last night, so we went out for pizza and beer, and brought our laptops with us. I'm not sure it gets geekier than that. Which means he had a good time and I got help working on my website. I was just really excited to be able to preserve a lot of the original poems' elements. It's almost like I specifically wrote them for this purpose. Not exactly true, but I did seem them as a very horizontal sort of project.

Today will be taken up in putting together a lesson plan for the poetry-writing class I teach bi-weekly. I really have no idea what I'll be bringing in tomorrow. Maybe something on using powerful descriptive language, or a lot of quick writing exercises. There are definitely days when I find teaching to be very discouraging, but the last couple classes have gone surprisingly well. I just hope I can keep it up for the last two sessions.