The There Blog

Because Gertrude Stein said "there is no there there."

Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Valley/Ridge timeline

So I've been working on this "Valley/Ridge" poem for a while now (originally it was the Rice/Beef project, but I've focused it onto Butte County agricultural production) and I think I'm getting close to where I want it to be. I handed in a version for my workshop final project on Monday and I think it's actually pretty good.

And now today on my way home from the gym I had a really good idea for the website layout, and how to integrate the map and the timeline. I'd originally seen it just as a map project, and I had thought the map would be on the home page. But now I'm thinking about having the map and the timeline as two separate directions to go from a Butte County homepage. I know this sounds really esoteric now, but when the site is up (next week, I hope) it will make more sense.