The There Blog

Because Gertrude Stein said "there is no there there."

Tuesday, May 17, 2005

eye update -- still twitching

The thing about being robbed is, it lasts a lot longer than you might think. Now, several days later, I still remember things I ought to still have, but don't. Every time I drive somewhere, I keep reaching over to turn the music up, but there's nothing to grab. The vulnerability still gets to me.

I walked down to Piedmont Ave. today, and on the way I saw a bunch of flyers taped to trees and power poles. Apparently, there's been a burglar working overtime in the neighborhood. He broke into a garage and stole from two cars after midnight on the 11th, and there's a grainy photo of his face caught on the security camera. I have no idea if that burglar is the same guy who broke into my car on Friday the 13th.