The There Blog

Because Gertrude Stein said "there is no there there."

Tuesday, May 31, 2005

long weekend

I have been the flakiest blogger for the past week. But I've had a lot going on (sort of). And let's be realistic: the only person reading this (besides me) is Adam, and he's been with me the last few days.

We went up to visit Forest Ranch, have a quiet visit with my parents, relax in the wilderness. It didn't quite work out like that, since we found out our dog (the family dachshund), had terminal cancer. Libby was so sick, we were all pretty distraught, and she died Monday morning. I feel like I've been crying for days now. Adam was wonderfully supportive through it all, but I don't think he got the vacation he was hoping for.

Of course, Adam's had troubles of his own. The new car was finally released from the shop on Friday, and we drove it up to my parents' house, where the windshield got cracked. As far the car goes, evil spirits are not out of the realm of possibility, if you ask me.