The There Blog

Because Gertrude Stein said "there is no there there."

Monday, June 19, 2006

Coffee Bites Glass

Did you know that if you put a hot liquid in a glass container, the glass can shatter and break? Yeah, me too. So why did I go and pour coffee into a glass mug? Perhaps I thought having Starbucks written on the side of the glass made it coffee-safe. Since there were 2 cups left in the pot, I grabbed a glass big enough to hold all of it. So there I am standing in the living room, pouring a cup of coffee, when I hear a loud crack, and then coffee begins puddling beneath me. I just stand there for a second, gaping and dumbstruck, thinking, I should have put the milk in first, and then walk quickly to the kitchen, trying not to dribble coffee on any laptops or laptop accessories in my path. On the plus side, I lost enough coffee on the floor that what is left now fits into a standard-issue coffee mug.